Winnipeg Pinball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shipping with Day & Ross Transport---Caution!!

4 posters

Go down

Shipping with Day & Ross Transport---Caution!! Empty Shipping with Day & Ross Transport---Caution!!

Post by Malibu-ss Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:29 pm

Taken from MAACA.........

I have shipped numerous pinball machines with them over the years. Helped many guys with shipping in Canada. This year they destroyed a AC/DC BIB from Calgary going to Ontario. They want to pay out $2 a pound. They refuse to disclose the location & details of the accident. They want me to pay for the shipping on the non delivered pin while I wait to see what legal or other rights the owner wants to take. The pinball machine is getting in worse shape from the one & only picture provided by the recovery effort. It is now in NB, for up to 9 months. Day & Ross Transport has decided to suspend my business account on shipping.

So question what might happen with them if they destroy a nib purchase from Cineplex-Starburst. I'm a dealer, & I'm not purchasing any more pins at this time. The pinball machine was upgraded with many mods, & valued at $15,000. As always used goods ship at owners risk, but that should not include improper handling or transport of goods in a reasonable way. Their refusal to disclose the facts of the accident is weird. I did a search & nothing comes up over this accident, & they seem to want to keep it that way. Even my business rep their is saying nothing. Be cautious with any new purchase, you might have no recourse!

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20487
Malibu-ss
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shipping with Day & Ross Transport---Caution!! Empty Re: Shipping with Day & Ross Transport---Caution!!

Post by Grevier2 Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:04 pm

Wow that machine got mangled. I know when I used sameday they told me they only paid out 2$ per pound if anything happned. Luckily the machine I was shipping was only 2500$ not 15000$ When reading this I actually felt like they were keeping it hidden because the shippers stole it! But after seeing the pictures it obviously was part of a rollover.

For Day Ross to be asking for shipping on a undelivered pin is robbery.
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Shipping with Day & Ross Transport---Caution!! Empty Re: Shipping with Day & Ross Transport---Caution!!

Post by prock Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:00 pm

Anyone actually buy insurance when shipping a pin? I'm curious what the options cost out there. Through Day and Ross it's probably fairly expensive.

In my limited experience I've always made it clear that the buyer arranges shipping and is responsible once the pin has left my door. I have only purchased one pin and shipped it in through Day and Ross and had 0 issues... got lucky I suppose. Definitely will make me think twice next time if I ever purchase another one.

prock
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by Hauntflies Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:24 pm

I have worked both in and with the transport industry for both large and small companies for almost 30 years in two different provinces and I can tell you with confidence that Day and Ross have gone out of their way to earn their industry nickname Delayed and Ruined. I was able to convice upper management at the company I currently work for to stop using them a few years back. The shipments we received on a daily basis were damaged and/or brought to us using the wrong waybills and Day and Ross did not care one whit about our concerns.

Everybody loves them because they are cheaper than everybody else. In this case you truly get what you pay for. Their management is trained to place the blame on either the shipper or the consignee and then put up a wall of silence which is why I am not surprised to read that these fellows are not getting any feedback regarding the "accident".

There are lots of other competent and courteous LTL companies to ship with I advise everyone to STAY AWAY FROM DAY AND ROSS. They don't deserve to be in business in my opinion.

Another company to avoid like the plague is YRC Freight (formally known as Yellow) lots and lots of damages.

I feel sorry for these guys and I wish them well in their quest to get compensated but in my experience they will get nothing but the shaft.

Hauntflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down