Winnipeg Pinball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TZ Project

+4
KeatonX
Malibu-ss
Freezie
prock
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TZ Project - Page 2 Empty Re: TZ Project

Post by prock Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:51 am

Malibu-ss wrote:wow.....dirty dirty
Yeah and all that dirt that you do see the majority of it is caked on and wont simply wipe off. I have blisters from all the scrubbing that I've done!! I'll post some pictures of the final product once I'm happy with it.
prock
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:16 am

I have used mean green,and that seems to work really well
Malibu-ss
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by prock Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:48 am

Time for an update.  I haven't had much time to work on it but I finally put a few hours in this past weekend.  This machine is so DIRTY.... my hands are still black.  

This is that the subways looked like before cleaning:
TZ Project - Page 2 Img_8110

After a quick cleaning with simple green:
TZ Project - Page 2 Img_8111

I'm completely re-building the pop bumpers.  Here is a shot of what the old pop body looks like in comparison with the new ones (yes I know it's not assembled properly.. lol):
TZ Project - Page 2 Img_8112

Ahhhh yes...  a nice and clean playfield.  There are a few spots to touch up but for the most part it's ready to be re-assembled!!
TZ Project - Page 2 Img_8113

TZ Project - Page 2 Img_8114
prock
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by gms Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:37 am

Looking good. Lots of hours!
gms
gms

Back to top Go down

Post by prock Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:42 am

Thanks man... lots of hours and lots more to go!!!

I have a few more pics to share.  The targets were horribly dirty and all of the target foam was destroyed.  I purchased a roll of target foam from pinballrestore.com and replaced all target foam with it.  It's an exact match!!  Here are the targets ready to go back in the machine: TZ Project - Page 2 Img_8115

Last night I had a bit more time and decided to tackle the mini playfield.  I'm not sure if you will be able to tell in these pictures but the original pf is planking a bit so I decided to swap it out.  Here is what it looks like right out of the game: TZ Project - Page 2 Img_8116

Some of the planking:
TZ Project - Page 2 Img_8117

This is my first official playfield swap.  I figured I might as well get my feet wet with a small swap first.. lol.  Here I have already cleaned and swapped the harness brackets:
TZ Project - Page 2 Img_8118

The bottom side swap is now complete.  This is the state I left the playfield in last night.  I need to replace the sign plastics before I can put the front brackets back on the playfield.  The new playfield is clear coated and looks AWESOME in person.  I'm not sure a picture can really capture how good it really does look:  
TZ Project - Page 2 Img_8119
prock
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTilt Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:45 pm

Way to go man, looks great!
OnTilt
OnTilt

Back to top Go down

Post by prock Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:52 am

Not much to report... I've mostly finished cleaning all the parts and replacing all coil sleeves. I have also re-installed all targets. Now I have to put everything back together topside! I've gotta find some hardware for the mini playfield but that shouldn't be difficult. The pop bumpers have been rebuilt and I just need to get them re-installed properly (with the light sockets stapled to the pf). Just finished installed the GI LEDs. It shouldn't be much longer before It's back up and running!!!
prock
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by prock Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:11 pm

Oh and I almost forgot... my rivet machine works great! I installed the plastics on the mini playfield now. I cant tell you how good new plastics look!
prock
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by prock Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:54 am

Some images I haven't had a chance to upload yet.....

The mini playfield almost ready to go back in the game.  I need one screw for the left side yet which is why it's not back together.

TZ Project - Page 2 Img_8140

Here are the pop assemblies ready to go back in (except for one detail.. I put the metal yoke on the bottom instead of the top..  thats fixed):

TZ Project - Page 2 Img_8141

Rivet machine ready to do some work:

TZ Project - Page 2 Img_8142

After some rivet work... here is a plastic assembly.  The picture doesn't do the colors on the plastics any justice but you can see the difference between the old and new plastics.  The new plastics were definitely worth the investment!

TZ Project - Page 2 Img_8143
prock
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by prock Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:03 am

Little more work done.  Finally got the new pops installed.  It's hard to really describe how good these look.  Cant wait to see the LEDs lit up!

TZ Project - Page 2 New_po10
prock
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by prock Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:22 am

Well it's finally done! I've got it all back together and have played a few games. I have some minor tweaking to do and half of the left string of GI is out. I haven't had a chance to diagnose the GI problem yet but I doubt its a big deal, probably just a bad solder joint somewhere. The clock now has LEDs in it and is aligned properly (alignment was the only problem before) and 100% working!!! I have a couple clear plastics to re-install but other than that all the plastics are brand new with the same rivets used at the factory, they all look amazing! All GI are LEDs plus a few inserts including pop LEDs in the pop bumpers. The pops are really live and powerful, I have the switches set up with as little space between contacts as possible. This is truly an amazing game once it's all cleaned up!!! I'll post some pictures later today hopefully.
prock
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by prock Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:16 am

Some blurry pics I took this morning quickly... oh and I just realized I have to put the backboard back on... oops.

TZ Project - Page 2 Img_8210
TZ Project - Page 2 Img_8211
TZ Project - Page 2 Img_8212
TZ Project - Page 2 Img_8213
prock
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:17 am

Looks Good!!
Malibu-ss
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by prock Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:24 am

Thanks man...  this game was itching for a full restore but I don't have the cash to invest.

Here is another example of how much better the new plastics look.  Even though there was nothing wrong with the original plastic look at how the yellowing really affects the color.  Again the picture just doesn't do it justice.  The difference is night and day!

TZ Project - Page 2 Yellow10
prock
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by Bay78 Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:23 pm

Congrats Wayne. Looks very nice.
Bay78
Bay78

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content