Pinball for charity?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pinball for charity?

Post by daveg1 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:24 pm

I Have had an old Gottleib EM machine for a little over ten years that I have refurbished and spent countless hours tinkering with. I get a lot of enjoyment out of fixing it and playing it but I felt that something was missing... then l realized that I get also a big kick out of other people trying the machine. Then I read about Tom Arnolds museum in Vegas and a light bulb went on ( a #44 I think). I thought; wouldn't it be cool to set up (even just a short temporary event) a bunch of old machines for the public to play, with any cash collected going to a charity?

Has anything like this happened in Winnipeg, or does it happen? Has anyone looked into doing something like it?
Would anyone be interested in it?

- you could get tax receipt for the donations and show off your machines.
- could probably scrounge a location for a temp event for little if any $
- there may "non technical" people out there with old machines in their basement that might be willing to loan machines to the event in exchange for some free maintenance
-Could promote it in community and local newspapers, and maybe breakfast television.
- I suspect I would drop several rolls of quarters into other ppls machines. I would rather do that than just write a cheque to charity    

On the down side maybe you would need $$ permits etc to do it. Just thinking.

daveg1

http://www.pinballowners.com/daveg1

Back to top Go down

Re: Pinball for charity?

Post by Malibu-ss on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:22 am

cool idea
I do not think it has ever been done here.
I have thought it would be cool to have a pinball show here like they have in Calgary and Ottawa.
Not sure how well it would do here though
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by prock on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:59 am

I like the idea of a pinball show (never been to one so I'm not exactly sure what they are all about). It would be a great place to trade/sell/buy a machine or parts that you have and want to sell. Not sure what kind of interest we would get from retailers. In any case it could potentially drum up some new interest for pinball in Winnipeg. Doesn't have to be very large to be successful. Venue would be the most important part (need to accommodate loading/unloading of pins easily). Advertise on Kijiji, in the papers, on the forums... would be pretty cheap. A weekend in September or October is probably the best time to hold it this year.
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezie on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:46 pm

I would travel for that .
Freezie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top