Winnipeg Pinball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking to start my collection!

4 posters

Go down

Looking to start my collection! Empty Looking to start my collection!

Post by ninjafu Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:47 pm

I'm looking to pick up a pinball machine or two for my basement. I've been scouring kijiji here in Winnipeg, but the solid state machines are all SO expensive. Are there any other options? Perhaps importing them? I'm not scared to repair it myself (I fixed up a Twilight Zone many MANY years ago)...but any advice pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I've even thought of trying to buy a lot of pins somewhere and selling the difference after...

Thanks guys

ninjafu

Back to top Go down

Looking to start my collection! Empty Re: Looking to start my collection!

Post by Malibu-ss Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:30 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Importing a game from the US results in shipping,taxes and exchange,which makes a decent deal not so decent.
Also,when buying a machine without seeing it always has some disappointment as the game is usually not as described.
One guy to stay away from in Canada is the guy in Red Deer Alberta......buyer beware there
Malibu-ss
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:43 pm

If Xenon interests you,the one on Kijiji is really nice and priced not to bad for what has been done to it(new clearcoated playfield,LEDS etc)
Malibu-ss
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezie Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:12 pm

it takes time and sometimes travel to build up a collection , there isnt alot up for grabs in manitoba/saskatchewan .somtimes you have to pounce quickly when you see one that you want .
Freezie
Freezie

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTilt Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:12 pm

+1 on the Xenon. That machine is a beaut for the price. New playfield, nice backglass, new targets and decent cabinet.
OnTilt
OnTilt

Back to top Go down

Post by ninjafu Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Xenon looks incredible, and he has done a fantastic job going BEYOND restoring it...but I'd like to get in at a lower price point. Thank you guys for your input, it's appreciated (and it's funny you mention a guy in Red Deer, as I found some pins he had for sale. I shall avoid him)

ninjafu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down