DE Checkpoint

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DE Checkpoint

Post by Bay78 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:46 pm

NICE! I'm glad you got this one working again. Let me know when you get those bulbs.

Current Lineup : Ghostbusters Premium, Funhouse, The Addams Family, Twilight Zone, Star Trek the Next Generation, Iron Man,The Lord of the Rings LE, Monster Bash, Medieval Madness, Split Second, Lightning, Airborne, Operation Thunder

Gone but not forgotten: Too many to list LOL! Very Happy
Wanted : Cirqus Voltaire, Star Light, Viking, Safecracker Very Happy
Bay78

Back to top Go down

Post by prock on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:08 am

Got the bulbs.. installed most of them (thanks bay78). One final flasher not working but I gotta take the ramp off to get at it. I didn't have the energy tonight to do it. Played a few games.. tweaked a few things here and there. Only one switch left to tweak and I'm not sure how to do it yet. There is a switch on the large target just before the ramp. Somehow the switch is registering a hit when the ball rolls over the target (when it is down even)... and sometimes it's registering a hit when the ball is nowhere near the target. oh well, a minor detail. I'm thinking I'll need to remove the whole assembly and adjust the switch cause I cannot get at it easy otherwise.

Played a few games tonight. Got some pretty insane multiballs going. Couldn't for the life of me get the jackpot. If I could actually hit the ramp with some regularity I might have a shot at getting a good score. Balls don't drain nearly as fast as the HS so games take a bit longer on average. My wife played a few games tonight. She had fun so thats a good sign.

I broke one of the drop targets tonight during one of my games. I've read that DE games are notorious for doing that because of how powerful the flippers are. I'm guessing this particular drop target takes a beating (not to mention it's age) and was probably just waiting to break on me. It's not a huge deal cause only about half the target broke off and it still works!! Anyone have some extra DE white drop targets kicking around?
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:00 am

I should have a target for you,and yes they break easy
They are cheap at Pinballlife.......I ghink $1.50
I have a few spares around I am sure
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bay78 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:58 am

I have some and I don't even have any Data East games and I have like 8 or 9 of them. So if you just have a few and want to hang onto them Malibu-ss I can oblivously spare some aswell.

Current Lineup : Ghostbusters Premium, Funhouse, The Addams Family, Twilight Zone, Star Trek the Next Generation, Iron Man,The Lord of the Rings LE, Monster Bash, Medieval Madness, Split Second, Lightning, Airborne, Operation Thunder

Gone but not forgotten: Too many to list LOL! Very Happy
Wanted : Cirqus Voltaire, Star Light, Viking, Safecracker Very Happy
Bay78

Back to top Go down

Post by prock on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Another update.... I have now fixed the broken row of lights as well as the knocker. The knocker really leaves something to be desired. I might convert it to the same mechanism my High Speed uses. It knocks but it's very quiet and almost pointless. Last and only thing I'm having issues with are the drop target switches. I need to figure out how to properly adjust them. They are flaky and no matter how I adjust them they either dont work or misfire all the time. That's all thats left though, other than enjoy playing it of course. I banged out quite a few games today. The game is pretty challenging to get a good score (just the way I like it). The multiball is great fun and the jackpot is challenging to get. I can see why this game doesn't get rave reviews from everyone but It's still a super fun game to me because it keeps me coming back for more!!! Very Happy
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by prock on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:46 pm

Figured I'd post a few pictures of the final product.

prock

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:49 pm

looks good!!
cant wait to play it!!
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paulohotline on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:18 pm

Congrats looks like a fun PIN!