Looking for my first pin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking for my first pin

Post by ericg on Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:01 pm

I'm looking for my first pin, nothing too pricey but something fun and reliable, open to EM and SS doesnt matter to me. Thanks
ericg

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for my first pin

Post by Malibu-ss on Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:53 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum
What are you looking to spend roughly?
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ericg on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:41 pm

Malibu-ss wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum
What are you looking to spend roughly?

Around 500-1000, the cheaper the better lol
ericg

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:21 pm

there is a prospector em in the for sale section that is in very nice shape for under $1000
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ericg on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:51 pm

Malibu-ss wrote:there is a prospector em in the for sale section that is in very nice shape for under $1000

Thanks for the info, I will check it out. Still open to any other pins if anyone has.
ericg

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowghost on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:58 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VE7rwpiJTvI

Pop bumpers, some spinners and kickout holes..not bad...but those flipper coils sound like could trip a breaker.

Yellowghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowghost on Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:05 pm

"Attila the hun "pinball on kijijii . No price.

Yellowghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Grevier2 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:30 pm

It had a price before and no picture. I think he wanted 15-18$.

The Prospector is a good prospect. LOL! Ok not that funny.. I havent played it before but it looks fun. I watched a PAPA competition with funhouse in the line up and Prospector was another pin they played. The basic objective is to pan for gold and silver and get multiplier bonuses. Plus its four player!! Get your friends into pinball too Ericg!!!!

The EM machines are a lot of fun.
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by ericg on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:14 pm

Thanks for the info Grevier2. So I have been looking into it and I think I'd rather have a solid state pin rather than an EM but of course I don't mind EM's still if it comes down to it. Is an SS pin out of my price range? Or could I get a decent one for that amount?
ericg

Back to top Go down

Post by Grevier2 on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:44 pm

You will not get a "decent" SS pin for 500-1000$ sadly. I would be so happy if you could. I am not the best to give advice to you about purchasing a new pin but if you want a nice pin from late 80's early 90's you are looking at about 2000$ to 3000$. Many of the very fun pins that are on pinball arcade are VERY expensive. Are there particular pins you are looking for?

I was told when I started to make a wanted ad on here and kijiji. I assume one of the ones on kijiji are yours? It may take a while but you will get replies!!! I got one of my most desired pins this way.

Pinball is unfortunately not the cheapest hobby. I don't blame you for having a preference for a SS pin. It is worth the extra coin. Trust me.

If you have anymore questions you can re post or send me a message. I can give you a basic price list for your wanted pins too although condition is the biggest determining factor for price.
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by ericg on Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:02 pm

Damn, sad news to hear.

Funnily enough I have been playing a lot of Pinball Arcade on my MAME cab that I built during the summer (put two buttons on the sides for flipper buttons), and Attack from Mars has been my most played and favourite. I looked up the price and said NOPE haha

Yes I have a wanted ad on kijiji at the moment, only got one reply for a non working EM. I'm pretty handy but i didnt want to take the risk as I know that EM's are a very complicated piece of engineering.

I do not have a list at the moment but a very nice pin I have been eyeing is a Gottlieb Genesis. I'm guessing it will run me a lot though LOL. I will probably be saving up some cash for an SS or even a crazy expensive pin with a DMD. I'm only 18 so I don't have much free cash to spend at the moment but I may just start with a cheap EM in okay condition to get my feet wet.

Not sure yet on what I want but I am for sure open to any offers, there is no rush for me to get one but I don't wanna be playing Pinball Arcade all my life LOL. Thanks for the help Grevier2 I will for sure be messaging you if I need anything in the future and I will also try to compile a list of pins I'm interested in, condition isn't something I'm very picky about either. Thanks once again

-Eric
ericg

Back to top Go down

Post by Grevier2 on Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:31 pm

Ya I knew that news would not make you happy.

Attack from Mars is my holy grail pin. I will never own one. Way harder in real life then on pinball arcade but soo much fun. I personally would not attempt to fix an em but if you are dedicated enough im sure you can research and figure out a lot of things and get help here too.

The genesis looks like a cool machine. I see values around 1000 online but that seems like a good price. Not sure what they would sell for in Canada. I think that one would be obtainable at the higher end of your budget though.

If you are patient and willing to save and spend money on a machine, then you wont be playing pinball arcade your whole life.

You can message me but I also recommend messaging Malibu_ss he will be more help to you and is the one who runs this site. If you send him a message he will reply!

Also if you are wanting to meet up and play some pinball shoot me a message and we can make a time to meet up! I am always willing to meet new players.

Brennan

Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by jimpy on Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:27 pm

I might be able to help out on the EM side or maybe even the SS. I have a small collection and was thinking of moving some out so that I can move it some other ones. I don't have a lot of room in the house and the gf would like some of the house back. Send me a pm and we can chat.
jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by ericg on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:33 pm

GOT MY FIRST PIN FINALLY!

Malibu or any mods can lock this thread or whatever you do.. I am not needing a pin anytime soon (until I get more room haha)

Thanks everyone! I will be sticking around in this forum.

-Eric
ericg

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:33 pm

Congrats Eric!
What did you end up with?
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ericg on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:33 pm

I ended up getting the shopped Hurricane that was on kijiji, went above my initial price range a bit but it was worth it.
ericg

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:36 pm

Awesome!
Hurricane is a fun game,and the one you bought is in nice shape
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ericg on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:00 am

Thanks. Yes it is, it is sitting in the garage currently as it's a pain to move but it'll get inside soon. I can't wait!
ericg

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss on Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:08 am

Ah yes.the most un fun thing about pinball.....moving them
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimpy on Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:32 am

That is great to hear. You just started down a path that there no coming back from. :-) one equal fun, two equals more fun... and it starts.
jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowghost on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:42 am

Congraduations! I saw that one. It looked badass.

Yellowghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ericg on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:27 am

Thanks Jim and Yellowghost. It's a beautiful machine for sure. I am very happy with it and I'm sure this wont be my last
ericg

Back to top Go down

Post by Grevier2 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:30 pm

I think he got the hurricane table!
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by gms on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:35 pm

I was sorry to see that one go.
gms

Back to top Go down