Winnipeg Pinball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arcade parts for sale anywhere in winnipeg?

4 posters

Go down

Arcade parts for sale anywhere in winnipeg? Empty Arcade parts for sale anywhere in winnipeg?

Post by Grevier2 Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:47 pm

Im wanting to finish working on a cocktail arcade (1982 Pac-man) and I need a jamma harness. Is there anywhere in Winnipeg I could just go buy one or does it have to be ordered online. Someone had mentioned to me a place I think called tip top that sells electronics. Anyone know of this shop?
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Arcade parts for sale anywhere in winnipeg? Empty Re: Arcade parts for sale anywhere in winnipeg?

Post by Yellowghost Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:23 pm

Try there or aactive electronics on century

Yellowghost

Back to top Go down

Arcade parts for sale anywhere in winnipeg? Empty Re: Arcade parts for sale anywhere in winnipeg?

Post by ericg Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:04 pm

I ordered one cheap on aliexpress. I was at tiptop and i dont think they have jamma harnesses. I know they have arcade buttons but they are expensive. Check their website they show their stock on there.
ericg
ericg

Back to top Go down

Post by ericg Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:05 pm

Active also has a site with their stock
ericg
ericg

Back to top Go down

Post by Grevier2 Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:55 pm

is active a place in the city? Ya I thought I was going to have to get from alexiexpress but was hoping not too if I could get locally.
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by ericg Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:28 pm

I don't think there's any places to get jamma harnesses in Winnipeg. Active is the same place as tiptop I think.. They used to have their own shop but I went to tiptop and it said active on the sign too so they might have joined together.
ericg
ericg

Back to top Go down

Post by njarmusk Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:26 pm

You're right ericg, tip top and active electronics share a shop now and they don't carry anything game related unfortunately Grevier2. Their stock is all very electronic based ie. resistors, diodes, transistors and tools and stuff. I went there lookin for a surface mount transistor to repair an opto receiver board for my monopoly machine and they didn't even carry those so I had to replace the whole board going through the playdium store. Really sucks that there is nowhere local to buy anything like that. Try www.multicade.ca. I built a cocktail table and it's currently just running an old PC that loads into a mame front end but I'll be putting a 60 in 1 kit into it that I'll be ordering from there. They have jamma harnesses for like $8. That's the cheapest place I've found in Canada.
njarmusk
njarmusk

Back to top Go down

Post by ericg Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:34 pm

If you get a 60 in 1 you should order from aliexpress! It is from china but it is way cheaper than that website. Plus all the multicade boards are from china and are the exact same. I ordered my 412 in 1 plus jamma harness from aliexpress and I only paid around $100
ericg
ericg

Back to top Go down

Post by njarmusk Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:14 pm

I've looked on aliexpress and the prices are really good but with the exchange rate being so crappy spending Canadian dollars seems better. Plus no brokerage fees or duty. The 60 in 1 board with a harness, power supply 2x 2-4-8 way joysticks, 6 buttons and a 1 and 2 player button comes to like $134 CAD from multicade.ca. It would still be really nice if there was somewhere local. I'm not making the change yet anyway. I have a bunch of ROMS on my mame setup that aren't in the 60 in 1 that enjoy playing still.
njarmusk
njarmusk

Back to top Go down

Post by ericg Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:19 pm

That's true. I wish we had a local arcade parts supplier haha. I find that mame is way more versatile than any multi board. But multiboards are way easier to manage.
ericg
ericg

Back to top Go down

Post by njarmusk Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:36 pm

That's the big thing for me too is the game management. I have my nieces and nephews over playing my cocktail table a lot and with the mala front end in using they often get messed up when trying to change games. Exiting one game to get back to the games menu you have to press 1P and 2P together, lots of different combinations. The 60 in 1 is nice too because it stores your game high scores. My mame setup won't do that once you exit a game. I love my mame setup but I built it and I'm familiar with how to use it. The change would just be to make it easier for everyone else.
njarmusk
njarmusk

Back to top Go down

Post by ericg Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:38 pm

You can set up high score saves in MAME but it takes some work. And yeah I agree with MAME being easy only when you set it up but others won't get it lol
ericg
ericg

Back to top Go down

Post by njarmusk Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:52 pm

I play my cocktail table at least every couple or few days, but I'm playing my pinball machine every day. I would probably switch it to a 60 in 1 if I were to consider selling it to make room for another pinball machine. My wife won't let me have all 3 in the basement. Takes away too much play room from my son. LOL. Probably easier to sell it with a 60 in 1 installed than with the stripped down Windows XP machine that's running mame in it. If the cocktail table goes another pinball can come in. Tough decision!
njarmusk
njarmusk

Back to top Go down

Post by ericg Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:30 pm

I wouldn't get rid of the cocktail,l I would get rid of your wife LOL kidding. It's a tough decision but I would probably go for another pin if I were you. Just cause I play pinball more than my mame or 412 in 1 too. They are nice to have though. And yeah it will be easier to sell as a multiboard just cause no one wants to fiddle with a PC
ericg
ericg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down