Winnipeg Pinball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

overheating selonoid?

3 posters

Go down

overheating selonoid? Empty overheating selonoid?

Post by Yellowghost Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:49 pm

overheating selonoid? 20150920_222509_zpsryswfas3

Was taking a look at my kickback coil and noticed this. The wires are blackened where they are soldered to the coil. The coil itself seems to be ok. Even tho it doesn't shoot the ball where it should. And the sleeve slides out nice. It this something to be alarmed about? As for the aiming.. if anybody has a gettaway..does the kickback supposed to shoot the ball into the captive hole? Almost every machine I played does this. Mine does not. It hits the supercharger post every time.
Thanks
Jeff

Yellowghost

Back to top Go down

overheating selonoid? Empty Re: overheating selonoid?

Post by Yellowghost Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:55 pm

overheating selonoid? 20150920_223106_zpszppzgjic

And can anybody tell me if this siderail could have something to do with it? I havent taken the plastic off yet but its actually squishing the rubber around that post so hard thats it appears cut. Again to anybody that has a gettaway, is this how yours is?

Yellowghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:11 am

looks like the coil got hot,does it get hot when playing the game?
As for the launch part,I believe my metal guide is just like that,I will look when I get home
Malibu-ss
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowghost Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:07 pm

The coil doesn't get hot. But it doesn't get used as much as a flipper coil. When I get time I will un-solder it, clean the terminals and wires and re-solder it.

Yellowghost

Back to top Go down

Post by dwgEM Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:59 pm

I see that black dust on all of my solenoids. It's probably just the black powder from wear and tear and you'll see it inside the coil sleeves too. Clean it out as you go; but unless it's causing sticky operation of the solenoid or a huge amount of it; don't worry about it.

dwgEM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum