Winnipeg Pinball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booting up an EM for the first time in 20 years

5 posters

Go down

Booting up an EM for the first time in 20 years Empty Booting up an EM for the first time in 20 years

Post by prock Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:35 am

Looking for some advice.... This machine hasn't been booted up in 20 years. Everything looks clean with little to no corrosion. I'll check all the fuses and whatnot. Anything else I should do? Everything mostly worked before it was shut off for the last time.
prock
prock

Back to top Go down

Booting up an EM for the first time in 20 years Empty Re: Booting up an EM for the first time in 20 years

Post by Malibu-ss Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:00 pm

plug it in turn it on,have fire extinguisher ready
Malibu-ss
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Booting up an EM for the first time in 20 years Empty Re: Booting up an EM for the first time in 20 years

Post by prock Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:19 pm

haha.. I'm thinking about not turning it on until I check everything out. I know the steppers probably need cleaning and the score reels and whatnot.
prock
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by gms Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:41 am

I would go with Plan A. Just flip the switch. Don't ever let fear and good judgment hold you back.
gms
gms

Back to top Go down

Post by Funhouse Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:45 pm

I would just turn it on also I

Funhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowghost Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:44 pm

Make sure you make a cellphone video, just in case something goes wrong.

Yellowghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Funhouse Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Don't worry about turning it on nothing is going to happen other than a stuck on solenoid or the score motor will continue running it will be just fine turn it off if you have a problem If you do have a problem and want to fix it yourself just go on the net and find the startup sequence for the brand of game
If you want free advise just give me a call at allied coin or send me a message

Funhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down