Winnipeg Pinball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allied Coin?

+4
Yellowghost
prock
Malibu-ss
runlong
8 posters

Go down

Allied Coin? Empty Allied Coin?

Post by runlong Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:09 pm

Hey group. Cool new forum to get into.

Quick question.... Does anyone know what happened to Allied Coin Machines? They used to have a website listing pins for sale. I bought one a couple of years ago.

Now there does not appear to be any site when I do a search

runlong

Back to top Go down

Allied Coin? Empty Re: Allied Coin?

Post by Malibu-ss Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:33 pm

Welcome to the forum!!
Not sure about the website,but Allied Coin is still operating on William Ave
Malibu-ss
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by prock Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:00 pm

Their site seems to be down.
prock
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowghost Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:43 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but..."funhouse" is allied coin. If so, send him a message here or phone the number in the phone book.

Yellowghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy M Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:41 am

I've noticed that Irv no longer has his site up as well. I was afraid that he went out of business. Sad But, if he's still in business, that would be a relief considering that I may still want to rent the Doctor Who pin for the next Keycon.
Yuriy M
Yuriy M

http://www.keycon.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowghost Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:28 pm

I think he is still in business. But difficult to contact.

Yellowghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowghost Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:29 pm

I think he is still in business. But difficult to contact.

Yellowghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy M Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:49 pm

I still have Irv's phone number buried in my drawer somewhere. I'll have to dig it up and see if it still works.

By the way, you double posted, ghost! Wink
Yuriy M
Yuriy M

Back to top Go down

Post by Grevier2 Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:50 am

Irv is still in business! I called yesterday in regards to fixing the Funhouse at Henderson Burger. The person who picked up was not so nice though. He told me he hated Funhouse and he wouldn't cross the street to piss on it if it was on fire. Bad taste in tables in my opinion. This obviously excitedly led me to the "Will you sell it?!" question. Then he passed me to Irv. My impression of Irv is he is a really nice guy. He had actually heard about me coming into the Henderson Burger all the time to play the machine and He must have also noticed more loonies as im not a great player. I stated the problems with the table and he said he will be out this week to fix it but he would have to remove it to do so. I told him "Don't put whirlwind back!" and he laughed and actually asked me what table id want to which my prompt reply was "Put the funhouse back when you can". He was not willing to sell at this moment because he only has 2 funhouses (LUCKY!!!!!!!!!) and he wasn't selling any units at this time.

So in short yes he is in business but it make take a few tries to get through. It would ring for me like 7 times then do the funky fax machine thing. I got through on the third try. And unfortunately he said all of his units are on location or in his basement so he is not selling at the moment. He did say he played pinball a few hours a day though! Super cool guy by the sounds of it. He also explained why the TZ at reset powers down and he said he will soon make a trip to replace the DMD.
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:16 pm

Thats funny,you spoke with John,he cant stand Funhouse.He is a nice guy,but he tells it like it is
As for Irv selling,he rarely sells pinballs,even when he sells them he doesnt LOL
Malibu-ss
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grevier2 Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:19 pm

I don't get how someone could hate funhouse! I think Rudy just heckled him too much. Pinball can be aggravating enough at times without the machine giving you a hard time. I love when you tilt Rudy says "hey its only pinball!". What do you mean by the statement even when he sells he doesn't? You mean sometimes a machine will be for sale but he never actually sells it?
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by Funhouse Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:53 pm

Allied Coin is still in business.Summer is my busiest time. I am in the shop only Tuesday and Wednesday and on the road the rest of the week.
I do have some pins i am willing to sell at this moment A few ems, a few older sterns and bally's and a few system 11 williams. And I am actually willing to let them out the door. REALLY. Try me at 2049438568 any day around 10 usually in the shop

Funhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Grevier2 Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:57 pm

With the username Funhouse its not surprising you wont sell a funhouse... Even if you have two.. and It would be going to a very appreciative home..
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by Funhouse Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:07 pm

As for Allied Coin's website. My host went out of business and sold my domain instead of offering to me.
Allied Coin will be back as "alliedcoin.ca" by the end of September once I get time to rebuild my site

Funhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy M Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:30 pm

Funhouse is a great play. jocolor It's only drawbacks are that it doesn't have ball saves and Rudy's banter can get annoying sometimes.

If I ever decide to do a "talking heads" theme for future Keycons, I may consider renting Funhouse, Red & Ted's Roadshow and Nightmare on Elm Street Wink
Yuriy M
Yuriy M

Back to top Go down

Post by Grevier2 Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:36 am

Rudy does give ball saves! If you hit absolutely nothing at all whatsoever before a drain he says "You can have it back!". I don't hear it often... You basically are always going to hit something.
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy M Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:18 pm

Wow, I didn't know that. Shocked I was always under the impression that Alpha-Numeric display games never had ball saves!

That's great to read! Very Happy

Maybe next time, I'll manage to get myself to midnight! Smile
Yuriy M
Yuriy M

Back to top Go down

Post by Grevier2 Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:35 pm

Well good luck with that. Until irv fixes the hidden hallway it is extremely difficult. The hidden hallway will end your ball. Did that happen to you?
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezie Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:26 pm

Whirl wind does the same thing , ball back as long as you don't hit anything .
Freezie
Freezie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down