Winnipeg Pinball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backglass scan

4 posters

Go down

Backglass scan Empty Backglass scan

Post by Hauntflies Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:48 am

Does anyone have the ability to scan a backglass or know of a business in town that would be able to do this in order to have a reproduction made? It's not just for me but for anyone that is looking to have a new Force II backglass. I received one that is in half decent shape and I would like to be able to help anyone out who is looking to get a good one to replace their crap version. I will not be making any money off this probably losing some in the process.

Here's the thread on Pinside that I responded to. Any help would be greatly appreciated:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-gottlieb-force-ii-back-glass

Thread is a couple of years old please scroll to the middle to find the revelvant info. Bay78 from Winnipeg posted in this thread are you also on this board under a different handle?

Apologies to the admin if this is inappropriate.

Hauntflies

Back to top Go down

Backglass scan Empty Re: Backglass scan

Post by Hauntflies Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:36 am

For others who have never played this table here's the PAPA video. I really love this demonstration because the skill of nudging is evident in the video.

For the new players out there watch what happens when he finally rolls the points over and gets cocky after multiball. He nudges too hard and tilts. That cry of frustration is directed at himself. Learn from that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgPr6AtTKys&feature=youtu.be

Hauntflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:37 am

Nope,no problem at all,that is why this forum was created,for people to help people.
Bay78 is on this forum as well
I will ask a friend of mine about scanning your backglass and see what he says
Malibu-ss
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bay78 Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:26 pm

Hi there, is this backglass for sale? Can I see a picture of it to see its condition?
Bay78
Bay78

Back to top Go down

Post by Hauntflies Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:22 pm

Thanks Malibu I appreciate it.

Hi Bay78 unfortunately it's not for sale but I noticed you were part of the WTB Pinside thread I posted above and that you were from here. I'm going to do a scan of the one I just received so BGR or someone else can do a reproduction backglass I have. I just wanted to let you know what was in the works. Take a look at the pictures I posted in the pinside thread. Is this in better condition than the one you currently have?

I have already talked to JasonE on Pinside and he said it's in far better condition than most he's seen and he said he could do some touchups to the scan before sending the image off to see if it can be reproduced.

Hauntflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Bay78 Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:18 am

Did you get it from a guy on the vp forums? I found one on there but the guy said I was second in line. Lol funny it ended up here. I would love to get a good scan of it for sure from you if possible. The friend malibu-ss was talking about is also a good friend of mine. I'm sure he would like to help us out with this. Malibu-ss says he'll find out and let us know. How is the condition of your Force II game?
Bay78
Bay78

Back to top Go down

Post by Hauntflies Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Yes I bought it from Dkong on VP forums. LOL that's a crazy coincidence. I will give scan to you no problem if we're able to set this up. I don't have the whole game I bought the backglass, populated playfield and working backboard off Dkong and plan to rebuild it. I have already arranged for a cabinet that will be started soon as well.

Hauntflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Bay78 Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:18 pm

Wow what a small world! Again wow that sounds like a big project. If you need to come look at my machine for anything let me know
Bay78
Bay78

Back to top Go down

Post by Hauntflies Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:44 pm

It is indeed a small world. Thanks very much for the offer to look at your machine If I need to I appreciate it and I will definitely need help with this along the way. it is a big project and very intimidating but I made the decision to start and I'll see it through somehow.

Hauntflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowghost Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:14 pm

So whats the score here? You plan to somehow print this file on mylar and stick it to glass?

Yellowghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:21 pm

I spoke with my buddy,Bay you need to call him,he said he can help you guys out
Malibu-ss
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hauntflies Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:09 am

That's terrific news Malibu. Very Happy

Yellowghost: I believe the plan is to send the scan to bgresto. The process they use is described on their website. They can either repair the flaked off parts of the original backglass or create an entirely new backglass using the scanned image.

http://bgresto.com/

I believe there are other places that do restorations as well but I'm not sure of the process they use.

Hauntflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down