Winnipeg Pinball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Needed! Converting Galaga to Jamma

3 posters

Go down

Help Needed! Converting Galaga to Jamma Empty Help Needed! Converting Galaga to Jamma

Post by Grevier2 Sat May 13, 2017 1:38 pm

Hello!

I am at my wits end trying to find the correct adaptor/converter for my Galaga cocktail arcade so it can run a few other gameboards I have. Mainly a 60 in 1 but a few boards I have look like that all have the same pin configuration. So what I believe I need is Galaga to Jamma but im not finding anything online that looks like its the part I need.

Please point me in the right direction where I can order the part I need id love to start playing my 60 in 1 but the Gals Panic board will be a gem too.
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Help Needed! Converting Galaga to Jamma Empty Re: Help Needed! Converting Galaga to Jamma

Post by Grevier2 Sat May 13, 2017 1:39 pm

Help Needed! Converting Galaga to Jamma Arcade12
Help Needed! Converting Galaga to Jamma Arcade11
Help Needed! Converting Galaga to Jamma Arcade10
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Help Needed! Converting Galaga to Jamma Empty Re: Help Needed! Converting Galaga to Jamma

Post by Grevier2 Wed May 17, 2017 5:12 pm

Awww.. Nobody knows what I need for this? I found some diy converters where you had to do all the wiring yourself and they were 6$. I may go that route but im likely to mess it up.
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss Wed May 17, 2017 5:30 pm

maybe someone would know here............
http://cgcc.ca/forums/
Malibu-ss
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinb2001 Tue May 23, 2017 11:48 am

It would cost a bit more but you could pretty easily just grab a pre-made jamma harness and switching power supply (if you still have the original galaga power supply in there and it hasn't already been swapped out with a switcher), neither are terribly expensive and then just crimp on some molex quick-disconnects if the control panel, monitor and speakers don't have them already (your picture looks like there's a 9 pin receptacle already for something). If you don't have crimpers, pins or plugs already it's a bit more expensive route but you will use them again and again if you work on your own machines. Most games will use .093 size, this kit has a good selection of sockets if you're starting from scratch:

https://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/molex-connector-corporation/76650-0018/WM9801-ND/26410

Trace back the wires from your board to verify where they're going but this should be the pinout for Galaga:

Galaga Pinout:
https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/spies.cgi?action=url&type=pinout&page=Galaga.html
kevinb2001
kevinb2001

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinb2001 Tue May 23, 2017 11:55 am

Hard to tell from the picture, but when I took a second look I think that might be a clone/bootleg board, so pinout may be different, should still be pretty straightforward to trace back the wires though.
kevinb2001
kevinb2001

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinb2001 Tue May 23, 2017 12:36 pm

Almost definitely a bootleg, this is probably the pinout on yours with a separate 5 pin connector coming from somewhere else on the board for the video wires instead of the edge connector:

https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/spies.cgi?action=url&type=pinout&page=Galaga_BL.txt

You probably won't find a premade adapter to convert that to Jamma, and you'd still have to attach the video wires. I stand by my original suggestion of just picking up a Jamma harness and connecting it instead, plus there looks to be some frayed wires leading up to the existing harness and the board looks like it might have been burnt where the power and ground connections at the bottom of that pic are, have you checked voltages coming from the power supply?
kevinb2001
kevinb2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down