Winnipeg Pinball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the worst pinball machine ever?!

+4
Yellowghost
Malibu-ss
ericg
Grevier2
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is the worst pinball machine ever?! - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the worst pinball machine ever?!

Post by paulohotline Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:17 pm

Baywatch is actually a pretty fun and underrated Pin. Barb Wire is a pin with Pamela on it that sucks. It's a Gottlieb so its going to take a kick to the nuts no matter what, but that Pin is just bad. A pin that gets a ton of shit but is actually one of the best Gottliebs ever made is Stargate, totally underrated, cheap and tons of fun.
paulohotline
paulohotline

https://www.facebook.com/#!/paulohotline

Back to top Go down

What is the worst pinball machine ever?! - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the worst pinball machine ever?!

Post by notsowizard Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:22 pm

Hah... If I didn't say Baywatch... the next one I would have said would be Stargate.

They used to have both of them at the old Winnipeg Airport.

notsowizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Grevier2 Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:44 pm

Stargate is amazing!!!!! I do think it has two of the steepest ramps on any machine I have every played though. And the craziest thing is one time I was playing it and I swear some crazy "thing" came out of the pyramid! Im not kidding!
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellowghost Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:57 pm

I'D drop what I'm doing to cross a busy street to piss on a Star-gate on fire. The "thing" is called a gliddercraft, and I never knew it was even there 'til a month ago because it was busted on all the Star-gates I ever tried.

Yellowghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Grevier2 Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:08 pm

Lol too funny! If a stargate was on fire id piss on it to put it out too but if a Funhouse was on fire I could put it out with tears of sadness.. How do you know all the other starcrafts you played didn't work just fine? Maybe you were just seeing things a month ago.
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:10 pm

I dont mind Baywatch,fun game.I like the little shark flipper
But I would not walk across the street and piss on an Addams Family if it was on fire.

Something came out of the pyramid??Shocked
Malibu-ss
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grevier2 Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:21 pm

Adams family is good! I cant say as amazing as its pinside rating but I like the game. I like the bookshelf shots and I like the thing!

Yup something came out of the pyramid all right! Came right out at me! In hindsight it may have been trying to get me...
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by notsowizard Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:20 pm

I played Addams Family last night at Reset on Pembina. Pretty good.

Last edited by notsowizard on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

notsowizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Grevier2 Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:24 pm

I heard Irv pulled the Twilight Zone out of there. Sad news. That Addams family plays fine though. I never had any issues.

MAMUSHKA!
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by notsowizard Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:26 pm

Ive played Apollo 13 a few times. I thought other than the 13 ball multi-ball, it was a pretty weak machine overall.

notsowizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Grevier2 Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:57 pm

I WANA PLAY THAT SO BAD. 8 ball multi-ball in Indiana Jones is great. 13 ball multi-ball sounds fun!! I know they would drain fast as heck but still be worth trying. Apollo 13 is not at reset is it?!

If so I think ill be going to have a few drinks this weekend.
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by prock Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:27 am

This one: http://www.instructables.com/id/Homeade-Pinball-Machine/

although it's kindof cool in it's own way
prock
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by Grevier2 Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:14 pm

That kid did not a horrific job! but more fun to build then play perhaps. I would love to design a pinball machine. It would be so cool!
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by prock Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:23 pm

Designing my own machine is on my bucket list. I've already designed some of the electronics. RGB LEDs and the whole bit Very Happy Just need some extra funds and buy a machine to use as a starting point.
prock
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by Grevier2 Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:24 pm

What would the theme be?!!!
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by prock Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:51 pm

I've tossed a lot of different ideas out there for a theme.. I'd love to do a music themed pin (Megadeth or something) but I've also thought of some off my favorite games/movies (The Last Starfighter, etc etc). Really I'm not too worried about the theme until I have a viable platform (electronics) to build it on and the goal is to design it entirely from scratch. I have a few descent ideas on how to improve upon existing methodologies that pinball manufacturers use (like reduce the 20 miles of wire they use).

prock
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by Grevier2 Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:39 pm

I have thought more about playfield design then the electronics part. If I could do the electronics I would slowly but steadily make my dream machine. I have 2 ideas.

MINECRAFT! It would somewhat have elements on haunted house where a lower playfield would represent the nether and shooting into a portal would drop the ball to the lower playfield. there would be 3 drop targets and a stand up behind them and you would have to drop the 3 drops and hit the stand up 3 times. The stand up would be to represent the Wither and the 3 drops skeletons. the upper playfield would have the enderdragon which would be basically the same thing as MM but with an ender dragon. There would be a nether portal to shoot for the lower field and just a normal mine entrance that would be like a bonus spot like the shoot on AFM or mirror on Funhouse. At least one of the ramps would drop your ball on a minecraft and the cart would take it back down. Basic table objectives would be to gather Wood, iron, gold, and diamonds. I have thought of more but I could ramble all day.

The other would be a gitaroo man themed table which would sell like 2 copies as not many people even know about the game and you would have to know the game and like pinball for it to be fun. But its a music game where you have to collect "Giatroos" (musical instruments) by battling these different musicians. I haven't done much though on that as a table but I know for sure it would be absolutely incredible to have the final boss come up from the playfield like the ringmaster in CV. He would come up "You will never defeat me!" and some crazy light show would kick in and some seriously good battle music.

Like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHh-6gQaF1s
or almost better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W3uxtVDXXU

But seriously one thing I have to say about pinball is its rare for me to find seriously good battle themeish music for game modes. Like music that gets you just pumped. The best music in pinball I have heard yet is that 90s frankenstien game. That music actually makes you play the game better. You get so into it.
Grevier2
Grevier2

Back to top Go down

Post by Zog Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:55 pm

My buddy bought a Magnotron a few years back. I played it a few times and didn't really say much about it. "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

About a month later, he sold it.
Zog
Zog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2