Winnipeg Pinball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Packaging a PIN for Shipment, best place to buy....

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Packaging a PIN for Shipment, best place to buy.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Packaging a PIN for Shipment, best place to buy....

Post by gms Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:42 am

I'm going to be ordering some glass from PPG, if anyone wants to get in on the order. Its somewhere beteen 30-40 per including taxes but I can't remember the exact amount from last time. I broke one a few weeks ago removing it.
gms
gms

Back to top Go down

Packaging a PIN for Shipment, best place to buy.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Packaging a PIN for Shipment, best place to buy....

Post by gms Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:44 am

I was standing in the glass with bare feet. Lesson learned. Thats what happens at 2am when i get a brain wave about fixing something.
gms
gms

Back to top Go down

Post by paulohotline Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:45 am

Sweet, is that a local place? If so, please add 1 for me to that order. Paypal gift money transfer okay to pay you?

Thanks,

Paulo
paulohotline
paulohotline

https://www.facebook.com/#!/paulohotline

Back to top Go down

Post by paulohotline Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:43 am

Wow, just saw your previous post! Lucky you did not get cut! Hey now!
paulohotline
paulohotline

Back to top Go down

Post by paulohotline Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:01 am

Malibu-ss wrote:LOTR does have a flipper coil problem,and there is an upgrade,,,,,,,,,,,,but usually the problem is weak flippers.
Good luck with Starburst,my experince was not good at all

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1112

Looks like I am going to have to dance a bit before SB ponies up and fixes the problem. I have already told them its flipper coil heating issue, the flipper sticks after approx 30 minutes of play. Shutting down the pin and waiting an hour fixes the problem temporarily. I will never get to the Valinor Multiball if I can only play 30 minutes at a time, not even PAPA pros can do it in 30 min if ever!

Here is Jerry's last email to me:

"I have been working with our service techs regarding your service and hope to be able to call you later this aft with some suggestions."
paulohotline
paulohotline

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:08 am

what happened to 90 day warranty??

Starburst has to be one of the worst places to buy a machine from!!
I think I kinda warned about that and there shitty customer service

your problem is somewhat different from the weak flipper issue LOTR,yours is actually sticking,I doubt the coil will fix it........

when you shut the game off,does it drop down? or stay up
if it drops down,it is an electrical issue,if it stays up ,it is a mechanical issue

sorry you are hving bad luck with your game
Malibu-ss
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paulohotline Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:17 am

Hey Malibu, you sure did warn me and I took into consideration your warning, but this LOTR is in such nice shape overall that I can forgive this bullcrap. I don't mind a little dancing, as long as the issue gets eventually resolved. Overall I am very happy with the purchase since these mofos rarely come up for sale in Canada IMO.

The flipper starts to get sticky after 30 min or and it gets stickier the longer you keep playing. It eventually comes down while your playing if a ball hits it or you keep hitting the button. It does not stay in the up position, it eventually untsticks slowly. If its stuck up, when I shut off the machine it stays up and eventually comes down on its own. Flipper rebuild maybe?

paulohotline
paulohotline

Back to top Go down

Post by prock Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:24 am

I've considered dealing with SB but after all the wonderful things I've been hearing about them that's not ever going to happen.
prock
prock

Back to top Go down

Post by paulohotline Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:30 am

Hey Prock, I am not ready to write them off just yet, I will keep you guys up to date on how Jerry handles my situation. They did a great job packinging and the PIN that arrived was the same one in as in the photos. I also asked for a partial refund on the $300 shipping since they removed a corner chunk of my cabinet. I have not heard of Sameday dinging corners so VITRAN better admit their fault.

We shall see!

Paulo
paulohotline
paulohotline

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:38 am

That could possibly cure your problem,you would have to take it apart and check the parts

The point is.....you paid a premium dollar for a heavily routed game that came with a 90 day warranty.
He should have said,we will have our tech down there as soon as he can and fix it all up for you.
Not I will check with my guys and give you some suggestions

Pinball is big in Toronto,and lots of guys in Toronto looking foir a LOTR.They did not buy this one,maybe Starburst has the same shitty rep there as they do here

Complete bullshit in my opinion.
I figure this kinda shit would stop now that ciniplex bought them,but I guess not

Malibu-ss
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paulohotline Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:53 am

I actually just fixed a flipper issue last week on my Stargate. The left flipper was chewing up the spring causing the flipper to go loose. After the 3rd spring failed I had to replace the original pin pictured below as the extra long rivot was the cause. Now its working great. Sometimes its just as simple as that!

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/17/79/34/56/flippe10.jpg

Last edited by paulohotline on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
paulohotline
paulohotline

Back to top Go down

Post by paulohotline Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:59 am

Hey Malibu I agree with you 100%. But you need to come over and checkout this playfield, this is not the playfield of a heavily routed PIN, there is vitually no wear, even where the ball drops are mint. Perhaps it got a Playfield swap at some point in its route lifespan? I am really happy with my purchase, I was so worried I was going to get a beat up POS. Perhaps the bad SB rep in TO did kill off any potential local sales and I for one am glad it did Smile

BTW, today I am unavailble as I going to the RUSH concert at the MTS, HEY NOW!
paulohotline
paulohotline

Back to top Go down

Post by paulohotline Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Just got of the phone with Jerry. He wanted me to inspect the defective flipper by removing the backstop and moving around the coil sleeve. If I found it be old and not in the best shape he would send me a new one! I asked him if he could just phone Darrel since he is known in the PIN community as a good tech to come over and replace the coil Smile Jerry asked if I new him, I said no, but everyone else whos into PINS in Winnipeg does. Hes calling him right now to see what he can do for me.
He is also looking into the damage I reported with VITRAN to see what they can do. Is Darrel a member on this board? ill keep you guys posted on the outcome.
paulohotline
paulohotline

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:52 pm

no he is not on the board..Darryl is the owner of Inter-City Leisure.He also does the service for Starburst/Ciniplex
Malibu-ss
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paulohotline Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:47 pm

Jerry wants to me to pay for Darryl's time, he will pick up parts. I think I am officially done with SB. Once they settle my damage claim I am out. Will fix it myself and avoid the headache. BS for SB.

Paulo
paulohotline
paulohotline

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:08 pm

so much for warranty

that place does suck.......I hope everyone who thinks of buying junk from Starburst/Playdium sees this thread and thinks twice about buying from them

did you pay with your Mastercard?
Malibu-ss
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paulohotline Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:26 pm

Yeap sure did to maximize those Air Miles. I have no intention of getting a chargeback done on SB, that's not my style. I will just bite the bullet and get this minor but annoying issue fixed myself.

I ordered a couple of LOTR coils, 2 cliffy's and a Kickout Protector from Pinball life. That should do it to get this puppy nice!
paulohotline
paulohotline

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu-ss Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:29 pm

I would have bought a rebuild kit and a couple of flipper bushings,just incase
Malibu-ss
Malibu-ss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paulohotline Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:04 am

Good suggestion, might as well replace flipper components if I am going to put in the new coils. Thanks!
paulohotline
paulohotline

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2